The Academic Advisors team are available to work alongside Unitec academic staff in a variety of ways. Be it lesson planning, programme design, assessment or group work… work with staff on a one to one basis, or in small groups. If you would like to discuss how one of the advisors could work with you or your team, please contact Simon Nash on Ext. 7302.
The Academic Advisors:
- Offer coaching for new teachers
- Run workshops on the Essentials of Teaching and Learning
- Provide advice on Departmental or Programme professional development and communities of practice.
- Administering the National Assessment Tool
Our team focuses on assisting teachers develop competency in four areas:
- Design: Programme design, course design and lesson plans.
- Facilitation: Using Elearning
- Assessment: Formative, summative, self and peer.
- Evaluation: Effectiveness of design, facilitation and assessment.
The academic advisor team also provide a quality and up-to-date online learning environment, eLearning tools, and staff development to support learning and teaching in Unitec.
We are available to meet with staff to discuss the appropriate use and integration of education technologies into courses and programmes.
We offer a range of workshops for staff to up-skill in the use of education technologies. We can also design specific sessions for staff on request. For a list of current workshops, click here
We are actively researching various aspects of the use of technology in learning and teaching and welcome collaborative projects with academic staff to deepen our understanding
The e-Learning / web advisors are available to work with staff on:
- Integrating learning technologies into programmes and courses
- Using Web 2.0 tools to support student engagement and interaction
- Supporting online course migration to Moodle
- Providing key support for the Faculty eLearning Community Coordinators
Te Puna Ako Academic Advisors Team
| Karen Haines
| Miranda Verswijvelen
| Yong Liu
| James Oldfield