Welcome to the Te Puna Ako website
This is the place where we can exchange ideas, discuss issues and share the joys of Learning and Teaching.
The team at Te Puna Ako provides three key strands of service for staff and students.
- Academic advice and support for staff (general, literacy and eLearning/web)
- Learning development for students
The Academic Advisors provide a range of support options for staff, including:
- Working one-to-one with staff on programme (re)development
- Integrating literacy support/development into courses
- Capability building for staff in the area of literacy
- Providing one-to-one support and group workshops for new staff on strategies for effective Teaching & Learning
- Facilitating various Communities of Practice around Teaching & Learning
- Support for staff creating e-portfolios for career advancement
The e-Learning / Web Advisors are similarly available to work with staff on:
- Integrating learning technologies into programmes and courses
- Using Web 2.0 tools to support student engagement and interaction
- Supporting online course migration to Moodle
- Providing key support for the Faculty eLearning Community Coordinators
The TPA Learning Development Lecturers provide a range of services for students from Certificate to Post-graduate levels:
- Learning development for students, both one-to-one and in small groups
- Course specific workshops that are delivered in class (eg: report writing)
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS)
The Timetabling Office is responsible for the coordination of academic timetables, and for ongoing room bookings.
For more information please feel free to contact us! We are passionate about working alongside staff and students to enhance all aspects of learning and teaching at Unitec.
Academic Advisors: Simon Nash Ext. 7302
Literacy Advisors: Mark Smith Ext. 8563
Moodle: Miranda Verswijvelen/Miriam Laidlaw/Tabitha Roder Ext. 7043
Teacher workshops: Kelly Handley (Administrator) Ext. 7361
Student workshops: Wilma Pinto (Administrator) Ext. 8611
PASS co-ordinators: Cindy Wee/Margi Grey Ext. 8941/8681
Timetabling: Hung Ngo Ext. 8430